THE CHURCHILLS 2013
On the evening of September 26th, the Churchill Club presented THE CHURCHILLS, an annual event that draws inspiration from extraordinary people, companies and teams within four themes: innovation, leadership, collaboration, and social benefit
By highlighting excellence in these four key areas, the aim of THE CHURCHILLS is to inspire others to positive action.
Each inspirer was present at the event to share with the audience their perspectives and insights around the theme for which they rose to the top this year, in conversation with an interviewer of their choosing.
Legendary Silicon Valley author, speaker and advisor Geoffrey Moore acted as master of ceremonies. Honorees accepted the awards and were interviewed by very special guests.
The areas of excellence were:
Game Changer: For indispensable technology and business innovation (company)
Spirit of the award: "You changed how things are done or viewed and there's no going back"
Global Benefactor: For irrepressible vision and positive impact on society (individual)
Spirit of the award: "Thanks for thinking big"
Magical Team: For collaborative breakthroughs resulting in an irresistible product (team)
Legendary Leader: For inspirational leadership and contributions to others' innovation and
Spirit of the award: "Couldn't have done it without you"
Selection Process for THE CHURCHILLS
Nominations were submitted by the Churchill Club Academy, a group of over 500 distinguished business and technology executives and professionals, investors, entrepreneurs, academics, and members of the press. The Academy first submitted nominations, then placed their votes for the most inspiring companies and individuals this year. An internal selection committee reviewed the votes and confirmed the top nominees.
Sponsorships and Tables For details and availability, contact Marcia Loggins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408.979.5126
THE CHURCHILLS were first held in 2011 as one of two major events to celebrate Churchill Club's 25th anniversary year. Each inspirer engaged in a candid, dynamic conversation with a special guest interviewer to an audience of 500 people. Legendary Silicon Valley author, speaker and advisor Geoffrey Moore acted as master of ceremonies. The unique recognition format that focuses on inspiring others was extremely well received, and a new annual event was born. Here are some of the comments we received:
- It was a wonderful event, wildly successful in my eyes. Thanks for allowing us to be a part of this wonderful event.
- Bravo & congrats on your 25th. For the past 3+ years your programs have been continually raising the bar (for yourselves and others). My whole table enjoyed this.
- My high school-age son was so excited after the event he could not go to sleep. He said it was, “the best event in the world!”
- Every speaker was exceptional and so inspiring. I have to admit a soft spot for the societal benefit category.
- Thank you so very much for this wonderful opportunity to learn and be inspired!
- We so loved being there - it was an electrifying program.
- The interviews were really terrific and a wonderful way to inspire the audience.
- Awesome evening!
- Great event—you MUST continue it.
TESLA MOTORS (2013)
MARC BENIOFF (2013)
HASSO PLATTNER, SAP AG (2012)
SALMAN KHAN, KHAN ACADEMY (2011)
NASA MARS ROVER CURIOSITY TEAM (2013)
MICROSOFT KINECT FOR XBOX 360 (2011)
PETER DIAMANIS (2013)
VINOD KHOSLA, KHOSLA VENTURES (2012)
ELON MUSK, TESLA, SPACEX, SOLAR CITY (2011)
Watch the full-length programs now!